Monday, November 26, 2007

It's been awhile, but I am back!

It's been about four months since my last post, and boy has it been busy.

I have worked on a couple of projects in this time, but I will be having some free time in three weeks!! School be over and I have some projects in mind to keep me busy.

I currently have the Sunday Dinner Apron from Vanilla House Designs sitting on the cutting table.

I also have an idea for a purse for my Mom for either Christmas or Birthday present. Her Birthday is on the on the 30th so it can be used for either one. I am planning to base my purse on a quilted Vera Bradley purse that my Mom had seen and really liked, but my budget just can't afford it right now and I don't really like the fabric pattern and colorways. (I am sure that it would probably cost about the same after all is said and done, but it will be made with the heart)

Here is what I am thinking:

This style:

With these Fabrics:

This is fabric from Amy Butler's Lotus line.

What is even better is that my Mom basically picked out the fabric with out knowing it. We went to a sorta local quilt shop looking for a fabric for a purse I would like to make for myself and she kept saying she really like the one on the left, and I needed a contrast fabric and thought the second fabric would work well together.

Anyways I can't wait to start with this, but it is going to be hard not to tell her about it!