Friday, January 12, 2007

Welcome to my blog!

My name is Ariane (hence the title of the blog). I just got this for Christmas!!!
Singer 8280
As one of my first projects I chose McCall's 5284 set of pajamas. Except I chose to alter them to make carpi's because I wanted to make them more of lounge pants.
So here is my muslin version
This is what they look like of course they are too long, and the top part around the waist is too long so I plan to shorten this by a couple of inches.
Here is what I plan to make the carpi's look like:
The fabric in the background was suppose to be the material these were to be made from but it came up a little to short so I went to Joann's and luckily found a very cute fabric on clearance and then was another 50% off. So I will hopefully cut these out this weekend. It is suppose to be yucky all weekend and be a perfect time to work on these.