Monday, January 29, 2007

So I finished my Capri pajamas about a week ago but have had no time (school) to post the results!

As you can probably tell from the picture I was very excited! I think they turned out well for a first project.

I was able to go ahead and use the fabric I had originally bought to use with this. I am considerably shorter than the person that the pant was made for, but that is OK since I was making Capri's anyways. After wearing these around the house for a week or so, I realized I won't be making drawstring pants again! It takes a bit of work to get the drawstring undone.

I think this pattern was an excellent beginner pattern because the directions weren't' too difficult to grasp. I did make a few mistakes on my muslin, but I learned from them. Basically it was a good thing to learn to begin to sew.

I can't remember if I already mentioned this or not, but I did make a few modifications after completing the muslin.
  • I shortened the top by 1.5 inches although now I wish I would have taken another .5 an inch off
  • I also took 13.75 inches off of the bottom to make capri's
  • And added 1 inch to the drawstring to make it longer

All in all I am very happy with the outcome of these pajama pants, I'm wearing them now as I write this!

Next up is Burda Young Fashion 8176 Skirt!