Sunday, May 27, 2007

Beginning of Summer and an Update on the Prairie Girl Tunic

Ah... Summertime! This year we decided to have a little barbecue. It's been kinda rainy here the last couple of days, luckily the sky cleared tonight and became nice enough for our barbecue.

My Mom also made a Peanut Butter Crisp Dessert and yesterday we went to one of my favorite Antique shops. They were forced to move so they were having a moving sale and I got this gorgeous cake display (with the dessert inside)!

Update on the tunic - I got the sleeves set in. I messed up a bit on the first sleeve, but the second went in perfectly! I also completed the ties last night. Of course I forgot that I would have to turn it and couldn't figure out how to do it. I was finally able to turn it using a hanger. I was going to go to Joann's and get one of those tube turner thingys, but I forgot while I was there. So today I got the front skirt sewn to the back skirt. I decided to try it on and realized it was a bit big. So I think I am going to sew it all together and not hem it yet. Then pinch out the extra.